Let me clarify…
MERV isn’t our ultra passionate and knowledgeable sales director. MERV stands for Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value. MERV is the measurement scale that was designed by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) to report the effectiveness of air filters. This is important because your MERV rating indicates the size particles (microns) that your filter is capable of removing from your air.
Picking your MERV rating is dependent on a variety of factors:
- How is your outdoor air quality?
- Do you have pets?
- Does anyone in your home have allergies?
- Does anyone in your home have asthma?
- Do you struggle with cooking odors or other smells?
Microns and more
We offer three MERV ratings – 8, 11, and 13. The higher the MERV rating the smaller the particle size that is able to be filtered out of your air. Our filter capabilities are as follows:
- MERV 8 is capable of removing 3.0-10.0 micron particles.
- MERV 11 is capable of removing 1.0-3.0 micron particles.
- MERV 13 is capable of removing 0.3-1.0 micron particles.
Now, let’s get to the good stuff. What exactly does a 3.0 or a 0.3 micron particle look like? Above you will find all three of our filters and a list of the particle types that each is able to capture from your circulating air.
If you would like to take a deeper dive into MERV ratings and what is best for your home, please visit our Let Us Help page.